Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Onigiri my style


Just because my kids are crazy about the BBQ Chicken Rice Wrap, I decided to make them myself! At least it’s fresher and I know what went into them! So the preparation begins!! ❤️❤️❤️

I got helper to prepare the rice and stir fry some marinated minced chicken. I added the Japanese rice flakes and sesame oil to the rice and mix them up. Using the Daiso onigiri mould, i add a scoop of rice then make a small hollow in the center, adding a spoon of minced chicken, then some chicken floss, and cover with rice. Press hard and pop over to the seaweed. I realised that hand mould onigiri seems to hold better than the mould. Cos the rice doesnt seems as compact and sticks well or maybe I am not good with using the mould. The 3 sides of the triangle keeps want to loosen up. 


I diligently went to Daiso and get the nice onigiri wrapper! So cute that I got 3 packets of them. And also grab the seaweed there too! Happy that the kids love the onigiri and had a good snack after school. Misson Success!!

Onigiri w/Chicken & Floss (makes around 6)
1.5 cup plain rice
4 sachets of japanese rice flakes
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 handful of marinated minced chicken (sesame oil, lt soy, pepper, wine) 
Some chicken floss

1) Mix sesame oil and rice flakes to rice and stir them in
2) Using mould, scoop 1 spoon of rice, add some chicken, floss and cover with rice. Press tight. 
3) Pop onto seaweed strips and wrap with wrapper. Cling wrap works too! Set aside til serving ❤️

No comments: