Monday, March 25, 2013

Claypot Yee Mian


Decided to do something simple as I was busy whole afternoon sending my gal to school back and forth, cooking Tau Suan and making fritters. Ended up decided to cook Claypot Yee Mian using the same recipe that I posted previously. 

The only way that is different is that you need to boil water and cook the noodles first. Put the amount of noodles you want and pour gravy over in the Claypot. Warm it up and there, hot piping Claypot Yee Mian. I served it warm with Home-made Deep Fried Wanton!! Yummy!! With my mummy home-made sambal, it taste great!

Yee Mian Gravy
*ingredients as per preference - I put fish cake, hotdogs and minced meat with caixin today
5Tbsp Oyster Sauce 
5Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
Dash of Pepper
**i didn't add fish gravy today as I find it saltish enough**
Cornstarch
2 eggs

1) Fry garlic til fragrant, add in ingredients to fry til 70% cooked
2) Add 1000ml of water and bring to boil
3) Add seasoning above, cornstarch and mix
4) Beat in eggs and serve warm with noodles



No comments: