Monday, March 4, 2013

Sweet Potato(Purple) Chiffon II


Baking this chiffon again as my pregnant neighbour told me specifically that she had a craving for it. So had been searching for the purple sweet potato and couldn't find it. Ended up with Grandma finding it during her 1-day trip in Muar. 

I used back the same recipe from eggplant's blog and did a 15cm chiffon and at the same time, using the same recipe for Pandan flavour. So I baked some into mini cups liners that I bought from Ikea over the weekend. Tall and slim chiffon, nice!!


Sweet Potato Chiffon (adapted from eggplant10)
Cake Batter :
3 yolks
40g Oil
Water 60ml (I replaced with milk)
65g mashed potato (I replaced with pandan extract for Pandan flavour)
15g sugar (reduced to 10g)
1/2tsp Baking soda
60g Cake Flour

3 whites
45g sugar (reduced to 40g)
1/2tsp tartar (I omit)

1) Mix all cake batter ingredients well
2) Whisk egg whites and sugar to peaks
3) Fold in 1/3 of whites, fold in remaining gently
4) Bake at 180deg for 30-40mins

2 comments:

Angel @ Cook.Bake.Love said...

I think I would love this combination.

Priscilla said...

Try it, very nice. Both my grandma and kids love it.. =)