Sunday, March 31, 2013

My 4th Class - Cut Out Cakes



So fast, time flies and its weekend again. This week has been up and down or me, in fact it has been for the past weeks. Family, friends, conflicts, misunderstandings. Seriously FB is not a food platform as it really let u knew things u wouldn't want to know, things u know tt upset u, things tt ppl feel its ok but not to you and blah blah blah. So I kinda make a decision to clean up whatever I wasn't unsure of. After an hour, I have cleared about 50% and my neck is tired. So I will continue soon for round 2 of cleaning..

Anyway back to my post, it's RG class again and I hope there is no hiccups this week. And this week, we supposed to learn to do cut out cakes and transform into numbers or alphabets. Yes, it has been nerve wrecking cos I sort of can visualize how to cut them and can't think of any that is complicated. And it seems that my family tt comprises of D, P, I and R seems to achievable so I decided to do cut out shapes. 

I asked RG if it was possible to make a Car and he says that so long I can cut out the pn he is fine with it so car it shall be.. Hubby requested to have kiwi fruit in between so I was trying to decide on the flavor of the cake. Then it suddenly came to my mind that I haven used my Lipton tea bag tt I wanted to try. So I decided that tea and kiwi, it sounds perfect. And there I go. 

I modify slight the Orange Chiffon recipe and tweak a little, sugar lvl remains though I 1.5x the recipe as I don't wan the cake to end up too sweet. The tea smells nice and sweet. I can't wait to eat it. 

Overall, I find the cake still slightly sweet, but goes well with the blueberry fillings & gold kiwi. Yummy..

Cranberry, Raspberry & Strawberry Cake (modified from Orange Chiffon by Wendyinkk)
For a 11x7 Cake, cut into 3 layers
Ingredients:(A)
180ml of Hot water, mixed with 2 tea bags, cut n stirred. Cool
6 egg yolks
112ml corn oil
100gm sugar
225gm flour
1 tsp baking powder


(B) 6egg whites
90gm sugar

1/8 tsp cream of tartar


1) I slightly whisked up (A) and leave aside
2) Beat egg whites til foamy, add in cream of tartar
3) Add sugar gradually and beat til stiff peaks
4) Whisk in 1/3 egg whites well, pour mixture into remaining egg whites and whisked gently
5) Bake for 180deg for 40-50mins or til top browned


easy recipes
easy recipes

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tea and kiwi does go so well together. Your cake is so nicely done! Are you from MFWL FB group? I know many of the ladies there attending the RG baking class on Sunday.

Priscilla said...

Hi Mich,

Yes I am from MFWL (FB) and went to RG class with some of the ladies. You from MFWL too? Nice knowing you.
The cake does goes well with kiwi but i feel the kiwi too sour. LOL.

Hi Ana,
Thanks for the invite. Will definetely pop by to enter. =)