Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Blueberry Muffin


Lately a fren baked this blueberries muffins for us. I seldom eat cakes actually, only tasting some of my own bakes at time. But after I tried this muffin, I am blown away! My 3 kids also love them so much! And the fact that I was never a fruits person, I even ate the blueberries!! Such a wonderful way to ‘bluff’ myself into having berries! 

Immediately asked for the recipe, and was instructed by my gal to add choc chips. So my mission to bake them at home starts! I replace the plain flour with self raising flour and being kiasu, i added 1/2 tsp of baking powder as the original recipe calls for 2tsp of baking powder.

I think I could have fill a little too much batter so most of then exploded! So not pretty!! Kept 5 for myself and 6 to my neighbours. They said it was yummy after trying! I was curious how it would be, especially the texture!!!

I actually mixed up the steps from original recipes and was quite worried it will not come out well! My neighbour assurance gives me some confidence as they always give me honest comments! So now i can stop worrying and try 1 later! 


Immediately cut up 1 to try after dinner! I need to taste the texture and taste too! Hurray! Its soft, fluffy and not too sweet! Overall the tangy blueberries goes very well! I added choc chips as per my gal’s request. We both agree blueberries and choc chips doesnt gel that well! Thank god for the good texture and taste so it is still yummy to eat! Perhaps next round we should try choc chips or blueberries on its own. Yums!! Packed 1 each for them to bring to school for snack. Going to bake them again tml!


This serve to remind me that I have filled it up too full. Some of them exploded and become not pretty anymore! Haha~ Initial recipe makes 12 muffins, and I had 11! So I need to make a mental note that I need to divide them among 12! Try them!! 

Blueberries Muffins (adapted from OnceUponAChef)
115g Butter, room temp
180g Sugar
240g Self raising flour 
1/2tsp Baking powder
3/4tsp Salt
2 Eggs
120ml Milk
1tsp Vanilla paste

1.5punnet Blueberries

1) Cream butter and sugar til creamy
2) Put dry ingredients into 1 bowl, wet ingredients into another
3) Add dry then wet, alternating them in 3 additions, ending with dry ingredients.
*Do not overmix*
4) Fold in blueberries lightly
5) Sprinkle brown sugar on top
6)  Fill up 12 muffins cup and bake 180deg for 30-40mins til skewer comes out clean
7) Cool before storing

No comments: