Friday, September 6, 2019

Hoki Fish Nuggets


Recently I tried this Hoki fish from a local supplier - Hai Sia Seafood. Apparently this fish is used for Fillet-O-Fish and Fish & chips. Therefore I buy them to try at home! 

Today i cut into thin slices and marinate them overnight. Coated them and deepfry to make our own fish nuggets! Only flaw was I didnt fry them over high heat, so the crisp cannot stay long. But for a homemade version, I would say its good enough for the kids to snack on. And did I mention, I forget to add some salt. So my nuggets were not saltish but only tasted of the original fish! 


Texture is firm. Not too oily and its real fish! Try them! Perhaps I would try again over high heat to check on the crisp. Haha!

Hoki Fish Nuggets
300g Hoki, cut into thin slices
1Tbsp sesame oil
1Tbsp chinese wine
1tsp onion powder
1tsp ginger powder
Dash of pepper

Coat:
Cornflour, egg, panko crumbs

1) Prepare the fish as above, marinate overnight
2) Heat up oil, coat fillet with cornflour, then egg, then panko and deepfry
Only flip when u see corner of the fish start to brown
3) Fish is ready when both side is nicely brown. Serve warm to maintain cripsy

No comments: