Monday, April 27, 2020

Baked Donuts


Chanced upon this recipe few days back shared by Y3n_Kitchen, love to see her post in facebook as she has wonderful bakes and creations! It always look so yummy that I wished I could just reach out into my hp screen to take a piece and try it! 

Seeing how bouncy it is in the video she shared, I decided to bake and try it out. Saved the hassle of deep-frying and especially at this period, baked products seems better and less heaty! And since tml we dont have enough bread to go around, so I decided today is the day to try them! 


Never good at shaping bread dough, even if it means cutting them with a cutter. It always goes out of shape even though the ‘cut product’ looks good. Reason is that they always goes out of shape once they go for the 2nd proofing. Dont ask me why ok, I think its the way I roll the dough. Perhaps the thickness isnt evenly rolled out, or perhaps some other reason. I need to explore. Hee. So mandatory shot before they are ready from proofing. 🀞🏻🀞🏻


Oh thankful that most of them came out well, the hearts are still well formed! The texture is chewy and firm, definitely like a donut texture. Its soft, but heavier than breads, if you know what I mean. 


I couldnt wait and took a bite straight out of the oven. My picture definitely doesnt do justice to the donut. My kids had a few at 1 go! They want more and totally want more! A keeper! ❤️❤️

Baked Donut (adapted from Y3n Kitchen’s)
460g plain flour
2tsp salt
50g sugar
11g yeast
225ml cold milk
80ml cold water
58g butter

1) Pour all wet ingredients into breadmaker
2) Add in flour then put sugar, salt n yeast at different corners of the breadmaker
3) Once the mixture comes into a dough, add in butter and continue kneading
4) Dough is ready when it looks smooth. Leave to proof for 1hr or til it doubled in size
5) Punch out air and roll it into 1/2 inches thick, cut with donut cutter
6) Go for 2nd proof. Brush with milk and bake at 160deg for 15mins, or til it is browned nicely
7) Dust with icing sugar and serve






No comments: