Saturday, May 29, 2021

Fish maw & Pig stomach Soup


Loving the soup! So sweet even tho I didnt add any seasoning. I think it came frm the dried scallops mainly and from the ingredients inside! 

Thankful for a group member sharing a whatsapp sharing chat, i follow briefly and cook my own version of this soup. A good way to use up my pig stomach and fish maw! This vietnam fish maw that I bidded online is yummy. Grandma gave thumbs up. Would have added red dates if I had. 
 

Fish maw & Pig stomach soup
1L water
8-10 dried scallops, soaked
3pcs fish maw
300g pig stomach
250g pork ribs
1 carrot
1pk fishballs
1thick slice ginger
1 garlic
Handful Wolveberries 

1) Blanch and wash pork ribs and pig stomach.
2) Put all ingredients into pot except fishball, carrots and wolveberries. Sautemode Med/Hi for 2hrs.
3) Add carrots and put steam rack to steam rice x15mins
4) Remove lid and replace with pressure cook lid, pressure cook x10mins (to soften pig stomach and ribs further)
5) Natural release x10mins, quick release if still have pressure. Sautemode high, add in fishballs and wolveberries.
Serve warm! 

No comments: