Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Taiwan Braised Pork Belly Rice (Thermomix)

 

Today we had a simple lunch cos mummy was waiting for the PSLE news from my oldest and hubby who went to collect the results together. 

Cant think of anything complicated, just want something easy and simple to prepare so that I don't mess up lunch. Luckily we decided on a Steamboat & BBQ dinner to celebrate for oldest regardless what her results may be, so less meal prep for today!

I amended slightly as I don't have some of the seasonings like sake, and I used red onions too. Using the simple recipe from Cookidoo and modify, using my Japanese rice grains for this yummy rice bowl.


Love the sweet gravy and how the pork belly turns out to be. I substitute the minced eat for pork belly, carefully slicing them into thin pieces so that it will cook better and faster. Adjusted the cooking time as well. 

I love my rice bowls!!!

Taiwan Braised Pork Belly Rice (adapted and modified from Cookidoo)
Rice and Eggs
1200 g water 
300 g rice (I measured 2.5 cups of jap rice)
6 medium eggs (recipes uses 4)

Pork Sauce
120 g red onions, quartered (recipe uses onion)
20 g sesame oil 
400 g pork belly, thin slices (recipe uses minced meat)
40 g soy sauce 
40 g mirin

**After step3, I cook another 10mins, varoma, spoon speed.



No comments: