Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Zi Char Theme (Thermomix)

 


Have some requesting for zichar fare using thermomix to cook. Putting together a request for Cereal Prawns, my to-order Sweet sour chicken & Stirfry Mixed Veg. Lets have a good lunch for today after live ❤️ If you keen to watch the live, click hereπŸ˜‰


First up, the Cereal Prawns. Personally, i feel the prawns is nicely cooked by thermomix. Not undercook or overcook and so sweer and crunchy. The cereal, I feel not crispy enough. And I think I will attempt again with toasting the cereal with the curry leaves with a pinch of salt. And then cooking the prawns with butter and mix the 2 together. I think it can help with the crispiness of the cereal and enhance the fragrance of it more. The buttery prawns will allow the cereal to nicely coat it with a buttery cereal taste. 🀀🀀 Drooling and I so gonna try it. If you try it before me, do let me knw what you think. ❤️


My all time favourite and my eldest favourite too! As expected, she says to me, I love the vegetables today mummy. Of cos I knw right, already mentioned on live she gonna enjoy it especially with the gravy over rice. 


Our family’s favourite is sweet sour chicken or pork. Today I used chicken cos I forgot to thaw my pork πŸ˜…πŸ˜… therefore the choice for chicken as it defrost way faster. And why I buy thermomix cos I dont like the greasy kitchen after cooking and of cos no deep-frying cos of the oily aftermath. I ‘fried’ them in my Ninjafoodi, a good pairing with my thermomix. Nicely browned and crisp and goes so well with the gravy. 

Everyone had a great lunch today, Thanks to the special request of zichar style cooking! Feel free to throw in more requests and thanks for always accompanying me on live! 

Cereal Prawns (using the Salted Egg Prawn recipe from Cookidoo with modifications)
500g Prawns
10g Oil
50g Butter
80g Cereal
Curry leaves

1) Follow cookidoo recipe step 1 - 4
2) Step 5 : I only added butter
3) Step 6 : I only added cereal and curry leaves and cook for 2mins
4) Step 7 : Follow exactly

Mixed Vegetables
10g oil
garlic
1pack peas
1/2 packet Kailan
1/2 carrot, slices
1pack shimeiji mushroom
1-1.5tbsp Oyster sauce
2Tbsp water
cornstarch

1) Add garlic to chopped
5s, sp 8
2) Add oil
5mins, 120deg, rv sp 1
3) Add in carrots and mushrooms
3mins, 120deg, rv sp 1
4) Add in oyster sauce, water and vegetables
5mins, 120deg, rv spoon
**At last 30seconds, add in cornstarch

Sweet Sour Pork (using the sauce recipe from Cookidoo)
500g chicken, cut into cubes (I used boneless leg & breast)
10g Garlic powder
1tsp Tumeric powder
20g Corn flour
50g Plain flour
Pepper

Sauce:
80g Tomato sauce
30g Chilli sauce (can reduce/omit if kids dun eat spicy)
10g Light soy sauce
20g Brown sugar
20g Rice vinegar

Onions, cubes
Capsicum, cubes
Pineapple, cubes

1) Marinate chicken with above seasonings for at least 2-3 hours or overnight
2) Bake at 180deg x15mins in Ninjafoodi, flip and bake another 8mins. Set aside 
3) Following cookidoo and start from step 5
**Step 7, I only add in capsicum and pineapples and change time to cook to 1min. Add in cornstarch at 30s point to thicken sauce.
4) Once sauce ready, add in kitchen and toss with spatula. Serve warm.


No comments: