Monday, April 5, 2021

Chicken Ramen Soup (Pressure cook)


Running out of ideas to cook for lunch as mornings are always a rush for me on weekdays. Esp on days I go out for run instead of working out at home. (Ok, I admit to it, we tend to go out for brunch after the run. 🙈) 

This morning I decided to make the chicken broth and let it keep warm til we are back. Kids requested for soupy food when they are back from school so why not, helps me come up with what to cook. Easy job! 


Basically a simple and light chicken broth, enhance the flavour with some homemade chicken powder. I believe the broth would have been better if I had added celery and carrots too. Shall try this again since its a easy meal and not time consuming for busy mummies. Oh and you can use pasta, macaroni or any form of carbs you want. You can even add in potatoes and have it as a light hearty soup! ❤️

Chicken Ramen Soup (Pressure cook)
1 Chicken breast
1 Chicken leg
1 Bay leaves
1.5 Big red onions
1 whole Garlic
1 Slab ginger
Some homemade chicken powder and pepper to taste
Water, to fill up to 6 cups mark

1) Blanch chicken and set aside
2) Saute mode Hi: Add 2Tbsp olive oil and fry onions, grlic and ginger til fragrance comes out
3) Put in chicken and bay leave and let it brown slightly
4) Add enough water to reach 6 cups marking and let it come to a boil
5) Pressure mod Hi x 10mins and natural release. (I only pressure cook for 10mins as I gonna go out and leave it to keep warm so it will still continue to cook til ready to serve)
6) Bring to boil when ready to serve and add chicken powder. Stir and add in another 500ml of water and bring to boil.  
7) Add in ramen and cook as per package stated. Serve warm ❤️

No comments: