Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Yam Burnt Basque Cheesecake

 

Been wanting to try this as I saw it somewhere on a video. The yam was more flowy but I cant find where that video recipe was! 


Its ok. Lets try a yam paste bottom then. It should taste well, i supposed. Since its my friend bday too, she loves yam like me, so why not? My virgin attempt at baking it! Keeping finger crossed that she will like it! 


I made a mini ones to taste test. Creamcheese was nicely done, yam paste not overly sweet. Actually I quite like the combi but I think can be a bit sweeter. But my hub who dont like yam, he prefers eating the cheese portion. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ So now lets wait for the verdict from my fren. Pls count my effort into the cake as well! 🀞🏻

Yam Burnt Basque Cheesecake
600g Yam cubes
70g Sugar
70g Milk
110g water

140g Creamcheese
1egg (60g~)
20g sugar
70g Milk
25g Cake flour
1tsp vanilla essence
1tsp lemon juice

1) Steam yam cubes for 20mins
2) Put yam cubes and aboce ingredients
15secs, sp 5
3) Put in baking tin lined with parchment paper and keep chilled
4) Rinse mixing bowl slightly. Add in eggs and creamcheeese
30secs, sp 5 then scrap down and repeat again
5) Add sugar, milk, vanilla and lemon juice
30secs, sp 5
6) Add cake flour
2mins, sp 5
7) Pour creamcheese mixture onto earlier baking tin with yam paste. Bake at 180deg - 200deg x 30mins


No comments: