Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pandan Bread Loaf

**Edited Oct 23rd as I missed out Butter**

I was rushing out for and thus thought that since grandma was home, I can put my breadmaker to work and come home with my bread loaf done.

In my rush, I forgotten I ran out of eggs so I decided to go ahead and replace additional 40ml milk to replace. Luckily for me, the bread turns out well. It is still soft and nice. Fortunately for me, I dun haf to feed to Mr Bin!


I simply love the hue of green, and also this basic bread recipe from Carol. I have been this recipe so often that my 'bookmark' list are sitting there, waiting for me to try them. Hahha~

Pandan Bread Loaf (slight modification from Carol's Pandan Marble Bread)
125ml Milk
1 Egg *omit as I realized I ran out of eggs, replaced with 40ml milk
260g Bread Flour
20g Cake Flour
20g Sugar
1/2tsp Yeast
1tsp Pandan paste
1/2tsp Pandan flavour
20g Butter

1) Put above ingredients as per above sequence. Menu 1, take out 15-20mins earlier once it is browned.

9 comments:

Zoe said...

Hi Priscilla,

You must be feeling relieved that the substitution work well for you. You know... accident can lead to great discovery and good that you have discovered a good bread recipe here :D

Zoe

Priscilla said...

Hi Zoe,

I was so worried lo.. Luckily turns out well and edible.. Lol~

lena said...

this is a great looking loaf..i like the light green too. btw, what is the 1/2 tsp of pandan flavour?

Priscilla said...

Lena,

It's like vanilla extract, but it's Pandan flavourings.

zareen said...

I wanna make this but i dont have bread flour

zareen said...

I wanna make this but i dont have bread flour

zareen said...

I wanna make this but i dont have bread flour

Priscilla said...

Zareen,

Hope this helps : http://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-best-substitute-for-wheat-flour-when-making-bread-good-questions-191551

Unknown said...

What size bread does this make?