Bookmarked and tried this recipe today! Made them into pandan bread as the kids’s favourite now is Pandan raisins bun! Hahahaha~ Decided to try how soft the bread is...
Tore the 排包 and saw the 丝丝 and my heart went awwwwww..... love to see this on bread. So i tear a slice out to eat!
Soft. The 排包 is soft as compared to the buns in my view. Perhaps I still need lots of room for shaping bread buns and baking bread always have a lot of challenges. Temperature, water, proofing and many many more! Haha~ Definitely need to try this again! Yums!
Pandan Raisins Buns (adapt and modified slightly from BakeForHappyKids)
415g Water (I use soy milk)
650g Bread flour
25g Milk powder
*I added 2tsp Pandan paste + raisins for the buns*
1) Put ingredients according to the list above in breadmaker except raisins and knead for 30mins til dough is elastic and smooth. Proof for 1hr
2) Divide into 2 portion. Use 1 portion for pandan raisins buns and 1 portion for 排包
3) Roll out dough for buns and sprinkle raisins over. Wrap like a swissroll and then roll out and cut into small bun portion
4) Cut portion for 排包 into small portion. Roll out and swissroll all into thin strips
5) Leave both to proof for 1hr. Bake at 170-180deg for 20-25mins