Hub was looking for custard pudding that we used to eat almost every single chance we could when we went back to Ipoh. This custard pudding is homemade daily with limited quantity. Oh now he makes me want to eat all the other ipoh food like char kway teow, fried chicken and oh ya, their kopi-bing is the best!!
After looking around to see where I could get them for him, I told him I would make it for him, without even thinking if I could. The last I made them, I remember it wasnt perfect as I was just starting to learn baking. This time, I made sure to go to my no-fail source to see if I could find it in her recipe collections!
Ta-daaahhh. This time round it sets nicely after baking! Yay! And the waiting to be chilled so I can unmould it, NERVOUS.... Thankfully it went well and Hub gave thumbs up! Shall make them again soon so I can finish up my whipping cream!!!
Caramel custard pudding (recipe from Miki Food Archives)
2 Whole eggs
100ml Whipping cream
1Tbsp vanilla extract
1) Prepare caramel in a small pot and bring to boil til it caramelise. Be careful as it will splatter esp if you accidentally drip water into it.
2) Fill ramekin with caramel and leave it to cool and set
3) Prepare egg pudding by mixing all the ingredients well
4) Sieve them over the cooled caramel in the ramekin then cover with foil
5) Water bath bake for 30mins at 150deg, then another 10mins at 180deg
6) Cool them down before chilling in fridge. Use butter knife to loosen pudding to ease removing them from ramekin. Serve cold.