Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My own Fried Fish Slice with Thick Bee Hoon Soup


Guess lately I have been very frequent in posting new recipes that I am trying out at home. Ha~ Cos my beloved hubby has gotten me upgraded to a iPad Mini over the weekend. Though I couldn't get my favorite White but maybe it's time for a change! LOL

Anyway it's really convenient to write up my post as I can always type as I am waiting for my bakes, or in between timing to send or fetch my gal from school. I am loving it. It is so compact, light and so irresistible that I couldn't help not using it everyday! 

Anyway I am making Fried Fish Slice with Thick Bee Hoon soup as Grandma hasn't really fully recover from her food poisoning incident last weekend. It seems that her tummy isn't behaving well though she ate her medicine. So I though of cooking thick bee hoon as she likes it and pair with fish soup. 


I am using a mixture of a few ingredients for the broth - Ginger, Ikan Billis, Yellow beans & dried scallops. I added a little sesame oil and pepper for taste. Surprisingly the soup broth is already sweet enough simmering over the stove for about 30-45mins. Yummy. And for the fish, I using grouper fillet as I bought it last minute from NTUC. Suddenly decided to deep fried them like those deep fried fish soup you get from outside. I added a few of other ingredients for the kids too. I hope they will love it.

Deep Fried Fish Soup
3 thick slices of ginger
Handful of Ikan Billis
Handful of Yellow Beans
7-8 Dried Scallops

1) Bring to boil with 1000ml of water and simmer for 30-45mins

Fish Marinate
1Tbsp Lt Soy Sauce
1/2Tbsp Seasame Oil
Dash of Pepper
1tsp Cornflour
1) Cut fish into slices, add above seasoning and marinate for at least 1 hour

Serving:
1) Deep Fry the Fish Slices after coating with cornflour
2) Add in thick bee Hoon and caixin just as you wan to serve. Bring to boil

2 comments:

Zoe said...

Love your new gadget... I wouldn't mind blogging more if I have this :p

Your fish slice bee hoon soup looks great... Very homely!

Priscilla said...

Thanks Zoe. =)