This recipe was shared by a member in Culinary Kitchenette, was quite intrigued as it is a healthy version for nuggets. I decided to give it a try, along with the kids' favourite - Ham & Corn Fritters to serve with Fried noodles for dinner.
I am using back the same recipe previously for the Prawn & Veg Fritters, replacing Ham & Corn. I added an additional tsp of fish gravy as the previous attempt is not flavourful enough. It is a simple dish that my kids love when I did the prawn version. Tonight's version is made up of my kids' favourite - Corn. Yummy...
As for the oven-baked nuggets, I find it a bit not flavourful enough. I guess healthier version usually can't beat the unhealthy version huh?! But it is indeed crispy and taste like nuggets. I think I would marinate the Chix fillet with a bit of salt and pepper overnight, before doing the usual coating. Shall try soon and update if it works. It's still worth a try especially if you wan to replace all the deep-fried food..
Oven-Baked Nuggets (adapted and adjusted slightly from OnePotChef)
3-4strips go Chix Fillet, cut into small chunks
1/2Cup Plain Flour, add 1tsp salt & pepper
1 Egg + 2Tbsp Milk
1) I washed the Chix chunks and wiped dry with kitchen towel.
2) Dip and coat Chix with flour and shake off excess.
3) Dip into egg mixture and shake off excess.
4) Coat with breadcrumbs and shake off excess.
5) Repeat Step 2-4 and cover with cling wrap for 30mins.
6) Bake at 170deg for 25-30mins til cooked. Serve warm.