Saturday, June 30, 2012

Banana and Chocolate Chips Muffins

Decided to make some banana muffins from a recipe shared by a fellow blogger mummy who also shared the same cooking and baking interest. She intro this yummy recipe which I also loved it. Cos Hubby going into a more fruits and vegetables diet, we have bananas at home. To settle the almost 'aging' bananas, i made muffins for snacks and breakfast.


Please don't mind the quality of the photos, I am really trying very hard to work on it. Anyway the end results yields me 7 big muffins and 12 mini muffins. I didn't add the mashed banana as I am not a banana lover. I cut into slices and added to the muffins instead and made some chocolate chips flavour for myself. So here is the recipe that I made amendments to.
Muffins (Can add your own variation, source from Dequeen)
Ingredients
225g plain flour
150g sugar **Amend to 100g
170g butter,softened **I use Canola Olive Margarine
2 eggs
50ml milk
3 medium size bananas **Chopped and added to batter
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1) Sift flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda, set aside.
2) Cream butter and sugar till pale and creamy
3) Add eggs,one at a time.
4) Add milk, bananas and vanilla essence.
5) Fold in the flour in 3 batches,do not overmix.
6) Fill to 3/4 full.
7) Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 25-30 minutes or till cooked. **It took me about 45-50mins**



No comments: