Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Super Soft Chocolate Marble Bread


Been on my list for the longest time and I finally got down to it. Indeed a soft and addictive bread that makes me keep wanting to look and eat it! Ooh.... 

I used my BM for the kneading and leave it to proof. For the chocolate paste, I didn't follow the recipe exactly. I just spread on a cling wrap and leave it in fridge to harden slightly. It works for me as well..

Try this recipe, if u are a chocolate lover, have kids at home, am sure it will be a great hit!

Super Soft Chocolate Bread (adapted from Bakingintotheether)
*halve recipe as full recipe yields 2x450g Dough*
188g Milk + Egg 
250g Bread Flour
30g Sugar
2g Salt
2g Yeast
30g Butter

Chocolate Paste : 25g Bitter Chocolate Chips, 10g Butter, 10g Bread Flour, 5g Cake Flour, 30g Water

1) Put liquid, then follow above sequence. Mix and knead for 30mins with BM. Leave to proof 1 hr.
2) Prepare chocolate paste. Melt chocolate chips n butter in microwave in 5sec intervals. Add in flour and water and mix well. Spread evenly to form a square on cling wrap, leave in fridge.
3) Once dough ready, punch out and roll into a big square, put chocolate paste in center and wrap like a parcel. Roll out again, cut into stripes and braid. Leave for 2nd proof around 1hr or til doubled.
4) Bake in oven for 30mins at 160deg.

No comments: