Monday, February 18, 2019

Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cake


Been sitting on my butt to bake as I really wan to bake something. But so busy with my learning materials and the kids’ schoolwork and all, and to top it off with an active 3yo-to-be, TIME is never enough! 

Today is my neighbour’s birthday! This call for a good reason! She always shower me with all her cooking, mee soto, curry, ayam masak and many more! Me always shower her ‘fats’ whenever I bake! But I haven been baking often lately. πŸ™ŠπŸ™Š

I googled and chances upon this recipe with whatever ingredients I have at home. So decided to try this interesting recipe today! Loved the cookie crust and the combination of the creamcheese tho a tad sweet, it is crunchy, chewy and soft. Yums! Perhaps with the addition of the chocolate chips, I will reduce the sugar in the creamcheese batter the next round. Reduce a bit of chocolates the next round and add a bit more sugar in the cookie dough and add some cinnamon? πŸ€”πŸ€”


Can you see the layers?? I love it! Hub loves it so much and asked me why so little! Lol!! Ooppss, I baked a small 4” cake tin for own consumption cos we rarely have sweet tooth! But i think he likes chewy cookies so he totally fall in ❤️ with this one!! 


Have one too, my friends!! I will share the recipe source below! Serve it on its own, warm with a scoop of ice cream or have it chill! 

Chocolatw Chip Cream Cheese Cake (recipe adapted from LoveFromTheOven)
Bowl 1:
140g Plain flour
115g Sugar
1/2tsp Baking Powder
1/2tsp Baking Soda
1/4tsp Salt
1 Egg
5Tbsp Melted butter

Bowl 2:
150g Cream cheese
1 Egg
1tsp Vanilla paste
200g Icing Sugar

Toppings: Chocolate chips or any of your preference.

1) Put all dry ingredients in a bowl, sift. Add in melted butter and egg. Mix to form a soft dough.
2) Line baking tin and grease lightly. Press the dough onto the bottom of the tin. 
3) Beat creamcheese, egg, sugar and vanilla til smooth. 
4) Arrange some chocolate chunks on top of the cookie dough base. 
5) Pour the creamcheese batter on top and smooth it. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
6) Bake at 180deg for 30-40mins or til top is browned nicely. Serve warm or chill

No comments: