Thursday, February 25, 2021

Airfried Crispy Spring Chicken

 

Been thinking to try using my Ninjafoodi to aircrisp crispy chicken especially my favourite spring chicken. 

Chanced upon this crispy flour while doing grocery shopping and I remembered I bought similar for karage and it gives a nice crispy exterior.


I marinate with some seasonings then leave it in the fridge, minimally about 3-4hours ahead. Once ready to aircrisp, I rub the crispy flour over the chicken and place it in the airfryer basket. And final touch is to brush some oil on the chicken before aircrisp it! 


To make it less sinful to eat, I laid them over plentiful of lettuce and pomelo with some sesame dressing and ate it as a meal. Yums! The 5-spice powder gives me nice flavour to the chicken. 


Aircrisp Crispy Spring Chicken
1 Spring chicken
1Tbsp sesame oil
1Tbsp huatiao
1Tbsp pink salt
1Tbsp parsley flakes
1Tbsp 5-spice powder
Dash of pepper

Crispy flour to cover chicken
Some cooking oil to brush

1) Clean the spring chicken and cut off backside, head/neck and fats
2) Rub with above seasoning and cover with film in fridge to marinate for minimal 3-4 hours
3) Take out chicken and rub crispy flour all over chicken and put in airfryer basket
4) Brush some oil on chicken and select ‘Aircrisp mode’ 180deg x 10mins
5) Once done, flip and select ‘Aircrisp mode’ 180deg x8mins
6) Once done remove baking paper and flip again and ‘Aircrisp mode’ 150deg x10mins and flip repeat again. Monitor towards the last 3-5mins to ensure it is not burnt.  


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do I need to let the chicken come to room temp before airfrying? My airfryer does not have aircrisp mode. Thanks