Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Lemon Curd Tart

 

Decided to bake some Lemon Curd Tarts as gifts, using a simple short crust pastry recipe. With my thermomix, I jus simply add all the ingredients for my Lemon curd and I am almost ready to go!


I saw this idea of someone using the extrerior of the tart shell to make the flowery pattern and decided to have a go. And I realised mine was too narrow and not detailed enough so cant see the petal details. 🤦🏼‍♀️ (PS: Time to go shopping again)


Loved all my baking boxes and cases as it helps to make the tarts more beautiful! The tarts inside the cupcake cases reminds me of little snowball! So so cute!!


Taste so tangy and so good! 🤤🤤

 Short Crust Pastry (From cookidoo)
100g icing sugar
200g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
370g plain flour
1 egg
1tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt

1) Using rub-in method, rub icing sugar and butter til it resemblemce breadcrumbs
2) Add in egg, salt & vanilla to knead into a dough, working fast so butter do not melt
3) Shape into a disc and cling wrap for 1 hour before using
4) Roll out to desired thickness and cut out preferred portion to make tart shells 
5) Bake 180deg x 15mins
6) Cool before removing them from tart shell
7) Use with desired filling 
(I am using Lemon Curd from cookidoo recipe) 


No comments: