Thursday, May 29, 2014

Happy Dumpling Festival


Time of the year again, to make my favourite Bak Chang. Loved the way the rice taste with its soft soft texture. Yummy..

This year I gonna wrap a few just to satisfy my crave cos grandma went home and I am left alone during the day with my kids. Gonna managed them and the chores with my wrapping etc. not gonna be easy but the thoughts of having to eat them after the hard work is rewarding..

I used back the same recipe, wrapped about 200g of rice. I got about 20ish dumplings which is more than enough for my little family. Bringing some this weekend for family gathering.. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pris

At least you have mastered the wrapping. Sad, I still have not mastered this part. I love bak chang very much and my dear late Mom made the best Hokkien chang for sale. It did not occur to me to learn from her, regret ....

Wishing you and family a Happy Dumpling Festival.

Blessings
Priscilla Poh

Priscilla said...

Hi dear,

Dun be sad. Actually there are a lot of video in YouTube on wrapping the dumplings. Def not as good as someone beside teaching u, but it's a good start. As for taste, slowly trial n error..

Happy Dumpling Festival to you n ur family too...