Always impromptu crave for food and want to eat. Best way is to cook and eat at home! With a 22mo toddler + 2 older kids to manage when eating out is quite a handful. Esp when my #3 is very challenging as he doesnt like to sit too long.
Yesterday saw my facebook feeds, a year or 2 ago, I also cooked this but I didnt document down. So today, I am cooking again and recording the recipe! Its quite simple as you decide what sides to go along. Today, I choose sunnyside, luncheon & prawn rings. Slurrpppp!
Cut the story short, slurp slurp!! Let the pictures do the talking!! Eating in? Or takeaway???
Economic Fried Beehoon Mee (Serves 5-6 adults)
5 portion bee hoon, soak for 5mins and rinse once
1 pkt yellow noodles, rinse with hot water
1/2 cabbage, cut into thin shreds
2-3 cups of water
2Tbsp Lt soy Sauce
2-3Tbsp Sweet Sauce
2-3 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
2Tbsp Fish Gravy
1) Mix the above seasonings in a bowl. Sautee garlic til fragrant. Add cabbage and stir fry til half cooked
2) Add in beehoon and add 1 cup water and mix well
3) Add in 1/2 the above seasoning and mix well with beehoon on med heat. Adding water bit by bit til beehoon is soften and cooked
4) Add in yellow noodles and mix well and add in more of the seasonings.
5) Taste and add accordingly to your preference. Add more sweet sauce if you prefer it to be sweeter.