Sunday, March 25, 2018

Korean SoyBean paste Chicken



Lately I have been exploring how to cook korean dishes at home. Then a friend passed me the Soybean paste so I tried to explore what can be cooked. Decided to go with stir fry chicken to go with hot piping rice for dinner today! I sort of ran thru the basic ingredients needed, commonly used were soybean paste, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, spring onions! I decided to make a small portion of marinate for the chicken slices.




Was surprise how it turns out! Its nice, great to go with a bowl of rice! Or even wrapping it with a slice of lettuce! A bit too strong flavour on its own! I think if i add water, some tofu slices to make into stew will taste good too! 

Do try this simple recipe and let me know! Definitely cheaper than grilling them in Korean restaurants! I hope I wont over-eat on my carbo today! Served with or without kimchi?





Korean SoyBean Paste Chicken (serve 3-4 pax)
Approx 2 chix breast fillet and 1 small portion chix thigh
2 stalk of spring onions
1 yellow onions
2-3 garlic
2 Tbsp Sesame oil
1 Tbsp Lt Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Soybean Paste
2 pkts enoki mushroom
Water to add accordingly, bit at a time

1) Prepare all ingredients and mix them well. Leave it for 15mins.
2) Heat oil and pour everything inside. Add a bit of water so that it wont get burnt and mix them 
3) Stir fry them and add water if gets dry
4) Add enoki mushroom when chicken is 70-80% cooked
5) Fry until mushroom is cooked. Serve warm with a bowl of rice!

No comments: