Monday, July 23, 2018

Hainan Inspired Pork Chops


Since the kids are so hooked on pork chops, I decided to try making these tonight! As #2 still having slight coughing so I tried to imitate the Hainan style with a tomatoey sauce so that its not too ‘heaty’ Errmmm... It does help right? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I use pork loin as easier to cut into smaller thin slices, as well as no fats too! Marinate the usual way we do with Sesame oil, Lt Sauce, Wine, Pepper, Conrnflour, Oyster Sauce and 5-five powder..
I also added potato, onion, tomato, excluding the peas as no one fancy them in our family. 

Hub and kids so love and say much nicer than their favourite shop that we love. Even ask me where I make the sauce from or learn from. I told him just my lucky day as I mix it as I always do for my potato & luncheon meat dish. Perhaps with the addition of onion it makes a difference..!!

So let’s share the simple recipe here! 

Hainan Inspired Pork Chop (Aprrox 10+ Medium slices)
1 Pc Pork Loin, thin slices 
Marinate: 1Tbsp Sesame oil, light sauce, oyster sauce, wine, pepper, cornflour, 5-spice powder
Best to marinate overnight or at least 30mins
Panko, cornflour & beaten eggs

1 Onion, small wedges
1 Tomato, small wedges
1 Potato, like thick french fries

Sauce: 8Tbsp Tomato Sauce, 2Tbsp Oyster Sauce, 2Tbsp Sugar
Moderate water to add when stir in sauces so that its not too watery

1) Heat oil. Dip pork chop in cornflour, beaten eggs then panko. Fry til cripsy and brown. Leave aside.
2) Fried Potato til outside is browned. Leave aside
3)  Heat oil and fry onion til fragrant. Add tomato wedge and stir well. 
4) Add the sauce u mix earlier and stir well. Add moderate amount of water
5) Add potato and simmer 5mins. Leave aside
6) Microwave for 1min to warm up before drizzling over pork chop and serve! 

No comments: