Thursday, July 5, 2018

Steam Cake


Today I tried making steam cake! Very simple version after baking the mini pancake balls. Yet to try them again to tweak the dryness of the pancakes so not sharing here yet. 

Shall share my steam cake experience with you all. My first attempt, the colour was too light cos I forgot to add flour to the batter meant for drawing but its still soft. Secondly I didnt tap the cuppies enough, I think. Lastly, I think my fire was too high. 




So my mama group urged me to try again. So I do it again! With some snapshots of the steps! And I rectify all the ‘errors’ that I think resulted in the pimply outlook and slightly driee texture! And yay, a smoother surface and its not so dry inside already! Hurray!! 




Another lunchbox recipe keeper!! ❤️❤️❤️


Japanese Steamed Cake (adapted from Miss bento)
150g Moringa Pancake Mix (1 of the 4 sachet in a pack)
100g Yogurt (I used Greek honey yogurt)
20g Sugar 
1Tbsp Cooking Oil
2 Eggs
2-3 drops Vanilla Essence

Batter to draw: Depending on what you plan to draw, jus scoop enough batter + 1-2 drops colourings and 1-2Tbsp Flour to mix)

1) Mix all ingredients til smooth
2) Scoop out batter drawing. Then pour batter to fill 1/3 of cupcake liner.
3) I hide a surprise - Hershey Baking Chocolate, fill up with batter til 2/3 full
4) Pipe drawing and on the fire for steaming the cupcakes
5) Knock the bottom of cupcakes on palm lightly then place in muffins cup to prevent too much expanding when steaming
5) Steam on very low heat for 12mins


No comments: