Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Oat & Chocolate Chips Cookies



I bookmarked this as love the combination of oat and chocolate chips. A bit of healthy ingredients makes me less sinful to munch on them. πŸ˜‚ Another part I love is the simple method of prepararation and allows me to bake them with the kids. 


I normally weigh them out n set on a tray and let them decide who do which portion. Dry or Wet or Bowl I or II for today. Then they take their places to handle the ingredients. 


They still get to take turns to help each other roles too. To have a feel of how it is done. Seems like they getting better and #2 is also improving in his way of pouring ingredients, mixing and taking the baking time seriously. No longer playing with food etc. Well done πŸ‘

Think I didnt space enough as it spreads a lot during baking. Even for the last tray, I tried chilling before baking, it still spreads. Thus my cookie were kind of ‘stick’ together and I have to cut threm into squares when it is still warm out frm the oven! 

Taste I feel a bit on the sweet side. Would maybe reduce the sugar the next round. The texture is soft crispy & chewy bite like those subway cookies! ❤️❤️❤️ yummy!


Oat & Chocolate Chips Cookies (adapted from Tasty)
Bowl I
156g Plain Flour
1tsp Salt
1/2tsp Baking Soda
1/2tsp Baking Powder

Bowl II
173g Butter
100g Caster Sugar
100g Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1tsp Vanilla Paste

1 cup each: Oat, Nestum, Chocolate chip

1) Mix ingredients for Bowl I. Set aside
2) Mix Butter and sugar in Bowl II til well combined.
3) Add Egg and Vanilla paste to Bowl II. Mix well
4) Add Bowl II to Bowl I. Mix til no streaks of flour is seen
5) Pour in toppings and briefly mix it.
6) Put spoonful of batter and leave space as it spreads a fair bit. Bake at 180-200deg for 30mins or til cookie is browned.  Cooled througly before storing in airtight container.

No comments: