Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Muffins - Choc chips & Mixed berries oat


Been thinking what to bake with the kids today as my #3 wasnt well. Slight fever and flu. So was kinda last min to do something with them today as #3 seems better slightly. So I look around for something simple and I have ingredients for. 

Bookmarked this Crazy Muffin recipes from Bigger Bolder Baking and its my to-do with the kids. As it is so versatile and uses vegetable oil, I dont have to worry about not stocking up on butter at home. Like as and when if I dont have breakfast for the next day, this seems like the perfect recipes to go to.. I do have other muffin recipes in my blog that I tried before but i like this better as it is moist and fragrant. 


I made my own Buttermilk too, with reference to the above baker. Adding lemon juice and sit rhe milk for 30min before using. It will curdle so just shake well before using! I think its the use of the baking soda, buttermilk combo that makes it so soft n fluffy. Just a mixing cup and a bowl, we are set to go! Actually if its not for the kids baking, I would have weigh everything inside the bowl and cup. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Both kids enjoy rhe baking now as they do them from scratch. So today I let my gal weigh out 120ml of buttermilk as i purposely made it in the milk carton and sit it inside while I make my #3 go for his nap! It took us like 30mins to mix up and scoop the batter to cupcake cups. I halve the recipe so we can bake a smaller portion and make them again, into other variations! 


Today we made Chocolate chips and Mixed berries Oat. Botb smell lovely from baking and it taste yummy! Can u imagine the kids will like the mixed berries oat flavour?? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Serve it with fruits for tea today! πŸ˜‹

Crazy Muffins, recipe halve to make 8 small sized muffins (adapted from Bigger Bolder Baking)
Dry ingredients:
177g Plain Flour
90g Sugar
1tsp Baking Powder
1/4tsp Baking Soda
Pinch of salt

Wet ingredients:
1 Egg
120ml Buttermilk
60ml Vegetable oil
1tsp Vanilla Paste

Some chocolate chips, oat, frozen mixed berries

1) Whisk dry ingredients in mixing bowl to mix them up
2) Whisk wet ingredients til well mixed and pour into dry mixture
3) Using a spatula, mix until no dry streaks of flour can be seen. Take note not to overmix
4) Divide into 2 portion (can be more depending on how many variations you making). Add in toppings as desired.
5) Bake at 180deg for 20-25mins or til skewers inserted comes out clean. 






No comments: