Thursday, April 11, 2019

Pulau Hitam w/Creamy Avocado topping


I went Tung Lok the other night to have dinner. Chanced upon this dessert which the whole family loves. They served their pulau hitam cold, with a scoop of ice cream and avocado! Its so rich and nice and the ingredients compliement each other so well!! So I promised the kids, next round I will make pulau hitam and buy avocado to add then chill it for them! 假厉害 right? 😂😂

So I joined a group buy for fruits and gotten a shephard avocado! So smooth n creamy when i cut out. I drizzle some honey, lemon juice and milk then whisk it til creamy. Adjust the amount of honey according to my taste. I wonder how it would be with my pulau hitam! I need to serve it to my critic food taster later! 


Kids gave thumbs up! Yay! Good way to introduce n make the bigger kids eat avocado!! They said ‘Hmmmm! Nice le mummy!’ with a thumbs up sign! 



Pulau Hitam w/Creamy Acocado topping (Serve 3)
1 small rice bowl of black glutinous rice, wash and soaked overnight
1 bundle of pandan leaves
Rock sugar to taste
Cornstarch to thicken

1 avocado
1tbsp milk
1tbsp lemon juice
Honey to taste

1) Boil glutionous rice with water, adding more as you boil if its drying up. Once rice grains starts to break, means its cooked. 
2) Add in rock sugar to taste
3) Add corn starch to thicken
4) Cool before scooping into container and chill
5) Prepare avocado and mash in a bowl. Add in lemon juice and honey. Stir n serve it as a topping

No comments: