Thursday, June 13, 2019

Windsor Bread


Recently I bookmarked this recipe as I really love to see those soft fluffy buns with the shreds when you pull them apart. And most interestingly is that this bread only need 1 proof! Super good for me to use when I can just prepare and shape then leave it to proof while I go busy with other stuff!  


Today I prepare and make the dough while having lunch. By the time it has done its job, i left it to rest before start to shape and leaving it for another rest. And I need to mention, the dough is super easy to work with! Not overly sticky and minimal amount of flour dusting needed!!

I am making mini burger buns and sausage buns. Planning to have them for dinner. I got some mini beef sliders and burger cheese, has been wanting to strike them off my ‘to-do’list! ✌🏻✌🏻

I send them to bake when I was still struggling to make my youngest nap. Arrgghh. I think I could have overbaked by 5mins as the top has browned too much. But the inside is still soft n fluffy. Love it! Perhaps need to try it again and monitor the baking. Tastewise, I love the mild sweetness that comes with it! 

Topping it with my beef sliders, cheese, tomato and mayo dressing! Serving with a sides of hash browns and fries! Lovely!! 

Windsor Bread (adapted from Oladybakes)
225g Bread flour 
25g Cake flour (I use top flour) 
8g Milk powder
25g Sugar
140-150g water (I use 140g fresh milk)
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp yeast
25g Butter

1) Using my breadmaker to knead. I dump all ingredients except butter and yeast. 
2) Once it forms a dough, you can add in yeast and knead for 5mins
3) Add in butter and knead for another 10-15mins or til it forms an elastic dough and let it rest for 10mins
*I added a tbsp of bread flour here as it was too wet
4) Cut dough in preferred portions and shape into a ball. Rest for 10mins
5) Roll out dough to release air and shape accordingly. Proof for 40mins
6) Bake at 180deg for 20mins

No comments: