Monday, June 3, 2019

Durian Chiffon



Totally need to try this MSW durian chiffon as I always wanted to bake but couldnt leave some behind to make as always finish up the fruits! This round hubby bought me 5 MSW so I took some for making them! 


 Love how they rises in the oven! But then I forgot to overturn them after baking as I was busy fighting with the youngest for his nap. The center sunk badly. So sad! 😭😭

Luckily it didnt affect the taste. Texturewise, I think cos I added 30g more of the durian flesh, it is slightly more on the moist side. Not the usual dry texture whereby you may choke if u gobble it down fast. (Not sure if u get what I mean) Tastewise, love the fragrance of the durians and the bits off durian fruits in it. Slightly on the sweet side, wondering if its cos of the MSW is really sweet or becos of the extra 30g!


Managed to bake 2 6” cakes so gifting them to my neighbours for snacks! Hope they enjoy it! Will definitely bake again as I still have MSW in the fridge! Yummy!! 

Durian Chiffon (adapted from AuntyYochana)
5 whites (using grade AA big eggs)
100g sugar

5 yolks (using grade AA big eggs)
140g plain flour
150ml coconut milk
180g durian flesh *(original recipe calls for 150g)
50g sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
4Tbsp corn oil
Pinch of pink salt

1) Mix egg yolk batter well
2) Beat egg whites & sugar til still peaks
3) Fold in whites in 2 addition and bake at 180deg for 40mins or til top is nicely browned

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is required to
get setup? I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a
pretty penny? I'm not very internet smart so I'm
not 100% certain. Any suggestions or advice
would be greatly appreciated. Thank you