Thursday, October 31, 2019

Battered prawns & fish


Been wanting to make battered prawns for the kids as I myself also love this dish so much! Chanced upon someone sharing this in a facebook group - Singapore Home Cooks and bookmarked it.

I followed the recipe and mix the batter up. It was too dry so i slowly added water and measure the right amount of water to be added. Original poster also added more water to the batter to the right consistency. 


I shallow fry them and waited til the bottom is browned before flipping. If you flip too early the batter will stick to the pot and comes off. 

Totally loved these prawns and I added some mixed herbs to the batter too. Only downside was the salt I added too little. Now I have tried, I will write up the actual amount used so I can always refer back! 

Battered Prawns & Fish
10 medium sized prawns, tail on
8-9 medium sized hoki fish slice

85g plain flour
15g corn flour
3g baking powder
1tsp salt
2tsp mixed herbs
pepper
30ml oil
100-120ml water, to be added bit by bit til the right thick runny consistency

1) Heat oil in pan
2) Dip prawns n cover with batter and gently put in pan to be fried
3) Flip only when the bottom part (in the oil) is browned and continue for the other side
4) Flip a few times til prawn or fish is nicely brown. Served warm! 



No comments: