Thursday, October 31, 2019

Sweet and Sour Fish


My fav dish and also the kids for now as they like how the crispy fish slices blend with the sweet sour sauce. I usually serve the fishes with the sauce just before eating so that it will still be crispy. 

I mix up the sauce on my own using a mix of few sauces. Adding in cucumber, tomato, onions and if I do remember, I will add my gal’s fav pineapple too! As the kids wants to eat and cant take spicy, I omit the use of chilli sauce for the sauce. Yums! 

This is how the fishes are after frying. Jus marinate the fish slice and coat with tapioca flour before frying them! Its as good as it is on its own! 

Sweet Sour Fish
1 pack of Hoki Fish, sliced
1 tomato, big cube
1 cucumber, small rounds
1 onion, cubed

Sauce:
3Tbsp tomato sauce
2Tbsp plum sauce
1Tbsp oyster sauce
1Tbsp sugar
1/4 bowl water

Tapioca starch to coat fish

1) Coat fish with tapioca starch thinly and fry til both sides nicely browned
2) Sautee onions with oil til fragrant then add in tomato and cucumber and stir lightly
3) Pour in sauce and bring to a small boil. Drizzle over fish before serving.


No comments: