Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Meringue Cookies II


Need to use up the egg whites from some cookies order so decided to weigh the whites and see how much I have. Googled and see whats the ratio for whites:sugar and saw that it says 1:2 is good enough. Decided to take the plunge and try to go with the above ratio! 🀞🏻🀞🏻


Tried to learn to do swirls of colours, seems like it require some technique. First i put too much colouring gel, had throw away some of the pink ones frm the front. Then I realised I forgot my piping tips! Gosh, so i had to make do with what I had and pipe into round disc and little monsters! Using the eye toppings I bought previously and drop onto each little monster. 


I think may need to bake longer next round as 1hr doesnt seems enough. Maybe the monsters are too thick so the texture is crispy and slight chewy! Sweet, definitely it is! LoL!


Packed them into individual packs for the big kids to share with their friends at school!  Gonna try again!! 




Meringue cookies
150g Whites
300g Sugar
1tsp Vanilla paste

1) Beat whites til frothy and slowly add sugar bit by bit.
2) Beat til white is glossy and thick.
3) Colour as desired and pipe into preferred shape.
4) Bake at 120deg for 60mins or more til meringue cookies are dry. Leave to cool in oven with door ajar. Store in airtight once cooled.

No comments: