Thursday, November 7, 2019

Hokkien Mee


Been wanting to cook Hokkien Mee to go with my homemade sambal belacan. Finally I got all the ingredients needed and get my butt moving!! 


Using this clam juice as my broth, I really love how mild and yet flavourful enough for my Hokkien Mee! Yums! With a drizzle of fish sauce, pepper along with my sambal belacan. Gosh!! Its really YUMMY!!!


I love my hokkien mee with gravy still! Can you see the lovely colour combination!!!



Hokkien Mee 
1 pack hokkien mee (round), blanced
1/2 pack bee hoon, soak to soft and blanched
400g prawns, deshelled
1 sotong, slice
1 thin strip pork belly, thinly cut
1 pack chye sim, cut
3 eggs
700ml clam juice

1) Sautee garlic and stir fry prawns n sotong. Throw in veg when prawns 90% cooked and stir well. Scoop and keep aside to use later
2) Sautee garlic and add in beaten eggs. Stir them til good n a bit charred.
3) Throw in noodles and beehoon then pour in clam juice. Stir well
4) Drizzle some fish sauce n pepper for extra taste and bring to boil
5) Add in the ingredients that is cooked earlier and do a quick toss
6) Serve along with belacan & lime!


No comments: