Monday, November 25, 2019

Braised Duck


Finally had chance to braise duck. Bought a duck and had it slaughtered half so I can try braising them. Grandma’s fav and also mine, Hub will only eat if its what he likes so its a real challenge to try it on my own. 

I braised it like how I usually did for my pork trotters but added cinnamon sticks and star anise. Today’s version seems ok, but lack a bit of ‘kiam-ness’ and the meat was tender and shiok. Totally almost nail it except to have to increase the dark soy sauce amount. Added some hard boiled eggs and chicken feet to braised too! Yums and I toss the chicken feet with some mala sauce for that Ommph! 


Anyone else love chicken feets like I do? ❤️❤️


Braised duck
1/2 duck, cut into 2
15 chicken feets
3 hard boiled eggs
1 garlic
1 slab ginger
2Tbsp Sesame oil
4Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
2Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
2Tbsp Oyster Sauce
2 Cinnamon sticks
2 Star anise
Pepper
1tsp 5-spice powder

1) Blanch chicken feet, duck and wash it clean
2) Fill pot with above marinates and ingredients then place duck and chicken feet in the pot.
3) Put on stove and add enough water to briefly touch the top of all the ingredients
4) Once bring to boil, simmer it and stirring it occassionally
5) Duck is ready once u can easily poke the chopsticks in
6) Chop duck and serve warm with the braised sauce

No comments: