Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Oreo Swissroll


Forgot a pic before I ‘box’ it so had to make do with this! An impromptu request from a lovely friend who always order once a week for her kids’ tea break! This time she wanna try something different so I recommend her to try Longan crumble muffins which I did before and also swissrolls. She wanna pair Oreo with Vanilla swissrolls so here it is!


I packed a small portion of the Oreo swissroll and also a Longan swissroll made frm leftover longans from making the muffins! I just simply cut them into small bits and put on the buttercream before rolling them up! The piped cream + icing sugar makes the swissroll looks nicer and dreamy! Hahaha! 


Here’s a closeup! Only shortfall is the swissroll skin still tears slightly when I peel the baking paper off. I wonder how many times I have to do to perfect it! Lets see!!

Feedback was Oreo was yummy! I tasted the ends of both swissrolls. The cake itself so soft and yummy!! Do try it!

Vanilla Swissroll - Makes 2 (adapted from JeannieTay)
(A) 
4 yolks
40ml oil
60ml milk 
1tsp Vanilla bean paste
20g sugar
70g cake flour
(B)
4 whites
50g sugar

Buttercream : Recipe from here)
Oreo : wrapped with crushed oreo cookies + smbc, deco with smbc and mini oreos
Longan : wrapped with longan bite + smbc, deco with smbc n icing sugar

1) Mix all ingredients in (A) well except flour. Then slowly stir in flour and mix well.
2) Beat (B) til soft peaks and fold in 3 additions
3) Bake for 25-30mins at 180deg til top is nicely brown
4) Remove and peel baking paper off and roll up to cool
5) Prepare buttercream and put in piping bag. Wrap when swissroll is cooled and keep chill before serving

No comments: