Monday, January 11, 2021

Teriyaki Chicken


 Been a while since I tried new recipe/cooking. Today my gal requested for me to cook Teriyaki chicken rice so I decided to try making the sauce from scratch! 

Added some ingredients to mix the sauce, and marinate the chicken leg from morning til dinner time. Simply pop in to grill in the Ninja Foodi and then Aircrisp it for another 3mins! Omg! Thankfully the marinade turns out well and the meat is still very juicy! 

Am loving my Ninja Foodi so far as I feel that the grill function doesnt dry up the meat when you cook in it. And yet still maintain the juiciness! Yums! 

I had the remaining marinade to thicken in my Thermomix, Yes another new gadget in my kitchen! So convi! Yums!!! 

Steam eggs, spinach and cooked rice in my Thermomix for a balance meal with the kids! Yummy!! 


Teriyaki chicken (Makes 2 chicken leg)
20g water + 10g corn flour
60g water
20g mirin
25g light soy sauce
20g honey
50g brown sugar
2 boneless cchicken leg

1) Mix the above in a bowl n stir well
2) Add in chicken leg and make sure it is well coated with the marinade
3) Pop in Ninja Foodi and grill for 15mins (do check at 10mins point as my skin was slightly charred) 
4) Continue to aircrisp it for 3mins
5) Thicken the remaining marinade in a pot and drizzle over chicken. Serve warm over rice

No comments: