Friday, June 27, 2014

Rainbow. Cupcakes - Children Playdate



Today's play date ends our June holiday. Time flies and next week they are going back to school. My girlfriend is so nice to host the lunchie and baking session at her place. And my job, to find a recipe that is simple and do not require any mixer of any kind. 

I came across this smile recipe, did a trial and it taste ok. Just tt a bit drier as I over mix slightly when adding the colourings. We did the batter and let the children mix in the colourings. They piped in the coloured batter and had so much fun.

I just did a 'anyhow' cream cheese frosting with cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract. They piped, top with sprinkles, choc chips and mini cookies. OMG, they had so much fun decorating. All couldn't resist and had 1 Cuppies straight after they are done.

Love the mix of the colours. 


Vanilla Cupcake (adapted from Lovelyandloving)
*I did 1.5x of the recipe*
180g Self Raising Flour
180g Butter
40g Sugar (I reduce from 180g)
3g Baking Powder
2tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Eggs

1) All into mixing bowl, mix til no more bits of butter.
2) Divide into 7 bowls, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Pink & Blue. 
3) Fill up 3/4 full, bake at 160deg for 20mins.
4) Cool the cupcakes before decorating them. 

No comments: