Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Effortless & Easy Roast Pork


Wanted to teach as much simple dishes that helper can recreate when I need her to be in charge of cooking meals! Teaching as much simple ‘oven-baked’ dishes and yet fulfilling enough as a dish for the family! 

Today I made roast pork, baked to my expectations of crispy skin! Slurrpp, so super crispy today! Had to turn the meat around as my oven is not even in heating and monitor the ‘cackling’ as well! Definitely worth all the monitoring and work! ❤️❤️




Super fuss free, jus blanch, score some lines at bottom and rub with 5-spice powder at meat area. Drizzle sesame oil + some salt on skin. I let it sit for a while in room temperature and before i started baking. I google a few recipe and make it to my own preference! Sit it on a bed of garlic to add some aroma.  

After the first 15-20mins of baking, i set to top heat and bake n monitor the cackling. ❤️❤️❤️ 

Simple Roast Pork
1 slab pork belly
Some 5-spice powder
Some salt
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
2/3 clove garlic

1) Blanch pork belly. Then score a few lines on the bottom. Use knife to scrap the skin and get rid of hair. Poke with skewers to make as much holes as possible.
2) Rub some 5-spice powder til whole bottom area and sides are covered.
3) Turn to top, skin up and drizzle 1 Tbsp of sesame oil and dash of salt. Rub and make sure all covered. 
4) Wash some garlic n place on foil. Sit pork belly on top.
5) Bake at 190deg for 15-20mins time. Turn to top heat and bake 170deg til skin is crispy. I shift my pork belly every 15mins as my oven is not even in heating.
6) Pork is done when skin is all crispy. Cut into serving serve and serve! 


No comments: