Monday, September 24, 2018

Lotus Root Chicken Soup II


Improvised my old recipe to tis current one which dont require to add any form of seasoning! Super rich, flavourful and sweet! Kids love them! Definitely a keeper! 


I use ikan billis soup stock as base. Drain the soup before adding chicken drumsticks, chicken feet and all ingredients to double boil them! ❤️❤️ Love this way of boiling soup as it’s all natural goodness and I feel safe giving loads to my 2yo and the big kids too! 

I love adding chicken feet then eating with my bowl of rice plus sambal! Shiokness to max, like my comfort food on a gloomy and tiring day. So here I am sharing my favourite way of cooking soup with all of you! Feel free to add fishballs and whatever ingredients you like to make it into a 1-pot soup meal! 


Lotus Root Chicken Soup II
Ikan billis Soup Stock:
1 bowl of ikan billis, rinse
1 clove garlic
1 piece of garlic
2 small shallots

5-6 Chicken Feets
2 Drumsticks
3-4 pieces pork ribs
1/2 hand length lotus roots
1 carrot
1 corn
1 handful red dates
1/2 handful wolveberries

1) Wash and peel of skin of shallots, ginger and put aside. Break the clove of garlic and wash them, put aside. 
2) Put a pot of water, approximately 3 bowls of water (same bowl as you measure your ikan billis) 
3) Add shallot, ginger and garlic to pot and bring to boil. Once boil, lower fire and simmer for at least 30-45mins.
4) Drain soup and keep for using.
5) Blanch all the meat and add to pot of stock. Add in all remaining ingrdients except wolveberries, bring to boil, simmer and boil tip chicken feet, drumsticks and pork rib is soft. Serve warm!  


No comments: