Thursday, September 26, 2019

Soft Honey Bread Loaf



Saw Zoe from BakeForHappyKids shared this recipe and was so wow-ed by the texture! And that it uses honey instead of sugar even gets me more keen to try them! 


I halve the recipe for a loaf as my hub prefers wholemeal. So i bake them for the kids going to school for breakfast and make a mini loaf for their slider sandwich for school recess! (Oh I wonder when they will get sick of home lunchboxes as they have been bringing it for the past 3yrs and more) 

Back to the bread, I uses egg wash for a nicer hue! Indeed it is, so nicely browned. The texture is soft with a slight crusty exterior for mine. Maybe cos I bake it slightly longer. I tried a small pc from the mini loaf and love that chewy bread texture! Super super love. And all it needs was jus using the Breadmaker to knead for 30mins! The only downside was the dough was a bit sticky to handle and I had to call for help to get some breadflour to flour my working place! 


It goes very well with curry for my dinner. So soft and yummy! Another reason why I baked them today too as my house usually buys wholemeal bread. But its weird how wholemeal bread doesnt goes well with curry. Or is it me? hahaha 😂


The mini loaf went with the slider and cheese for my kids to bring to school. isn't the size perfect? I think overall, its a great recipe! I am planning to use it tml as a raisin loaf! Yums!! 

Soft Honey Bread Loaf (Adapted from BakeForHappyKids)
*halve the recipe for 1 loaf
230g Water
22.5g Honey
325g Bread flour
22.5g Milk powder
2g Salt
25g Butter
1tsp Yeast

1) Put the ingredients as per above sequence and run the BM to knead for 30mins
2) Proof for an hour then divide into 3 portions
3) Roll out flat then roll up  swissroll, then repeat once more before placing in a grease bread tin
4)) Proof for 1 hour, eggwash then bake for 180deg for 30mins or when top is nicely browned and bread is cooked

No comments: