Thursday, February 6, 2020

Good old banana cake


Recently a fren shared this banana cake that she has been baking, telling us how yummy it was and we were even troubleshooting the ripeness of the banana for the cake. Didnt had a chance to try as the few times she baked, couldnt meet her up.

So this contagious baking bug, infected a preggy fren of us. She bought 2 bunch of bananas just to bake them! And she tempted me ONCE AGAIN that it is so so so YUMMY! Ok, now my mum handed me a bunch of banana from praying so I need to try baking it too! And being stuck at home due to the outbreak of the coronavirus, I need something else to do to lift my mood up! 

This morning I weigh the ingredients out, and busy with the kitchen chores while prepping to bake the cake. Had to use my favourite pink wilton pan! ❤️❤️ And the youngest was busy entertaining himself, with his toys n duplo. 


Finally done and top the banana slices on top, kept an area without as I wanna try the cake, without the banana slices. hee πŸ˜… I was super nervous with the whole process as I really really am very bad with baking a cake using whole-egg method. The ribbon stage is manageable but the folding in of flour and oil usually makes me fail. Sob.. 🀞🏻🀞🏻So fingers crossed, I sent it in to oven! 


Oh it must be my LUCKY DAY! I totally succeed!! Yay! So so happy! These are going in the kids’ snack box tml for school and I took a bite. The only flaw was a bit dry and i found out that I accidentally uses 180g flour instead of 160g! This must be the reason that causes the dryness. And I only realised as I was typing this entry post! 🀦🏼‍♀️ But its still totally yum and can taste the banana fragrance! ❤️❤️


See the cross section clearer, flour was nicely folded in! Yipeee!! Will definitely bake them again!

Banana Cake (not sure where my fren got it from)
3 Eggs
120g sugar (i use 90g)
200g banana, mashed
160g plain flour 
1/4tsp baking soda
1/2tsp baking powder
90g corn oil (i use 60g)

some banana slice for toppings (optional)

1) Mix eggs til foamy and slowly add in sugar
2) Continue mix and add in mashed bananas
3) Continue to mix til ribbon stage, takes about 10mins or so
4) Fold in sifted flour in 2 additions with spatula
5) Take out spoonful of batter and mix with oil, before adding to the batter
6) Mix well and pour onto a greased pan, lined bottom with baking paper
7) Decorate with banana slice if needed
8) Bake at 180deg for 40mins or til top browned nicely



No comments: