Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Milo chiffon



Made this impromptu as I thought of using my milo powder at home. Previously used it to bake a milo cookie but end product wasnt to my liking. And since I rarely gave the kids milo drink, I thought why not a Milo chiffon. 😊


The chiffon is mildly milo flavoured with a hint of nutella. Loved the combination of these 2 ingredients. Chiffon seems not properly folded enough and I didnt pour it high enough, didnt knock on tabletop so had some bigger air bubbles in the cake. Overall, still soft and spongy that my youngest had 2 slices in a row for his breakfast the next day!

Packed a chiffon for 1 of my regular customer’s son. He has been waiting to eat the mini cheesecake but have yet to bake them for him. Had been trying to get used to the routine without a helper, then youngest sick then eldest. Thankfully, I am slowly getting the hang of everything now. πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻

Try the recipe! I really love it!

Milo Chiffon (adapted from Anncoojournal)
5 whites 
45g sugar
5 yolks
15g sugar
100ml milo (100ml water + 2tbsp milo gao kosong powder)
45g oil
1tbsp nutella
100g cake flour
1tsp vanilla extract

1) Mix yolk n sugar well
2) Add in milo, oil, vanilla and nutella, mix well
3) Whisk in cake flour til well
4) Beat whites n sugar til soft peaks
5) Fold in whites to batter gradually in 3 additions
6) Bake at 180deg for 40mins or til top is nicely browned

No comments: