Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Butter Sponge Cake


Today I decided to bake a butter sponge as past few days i always have a box of banana cake on the table for the littlest to snack on. Yesterday we finished and I didnt baked anything. He was asking for more cake. So I decided to bake something more original and not those heaty chocolatey pastries. Went back to my bookmarks, I decided to bake this Butter Sponge! 


Recipe calls for steam bake and also to melt butter over stove top and mix in flour. Reminds me of the cooked-flour method for chiffon. I felt that the cake is soft, moist and spongy. And the mild vanilla flavour is so yummy! 

Cut them into bitesize and store in airtight. Its gonna last for another 2 days maximum before its all gone! Should try baking this at home for tea break! It goes so well with a cup of coffee or tea! For now, I will keep this recipe and maybe explore changing the flavour soon! ❤️

Butter Sponge Cake (recipe from JeannieTay Blog)
60g Butter
80g Flour
1/2tsp Baking powder
4Yolks
60g Milk
1tsp Vanilla

4 Whites
75g sugar

1) Melt butter over stove and mix in 2/3 of flour til smooth
2) Add in milk and vanilla and stir them well
3) Mix in yolks til smooth and remaining flour
4) Beat whites n sugar til soft stiff peak
5) Fold in 1/3 meringue to butter mixture
6) Pour mixture into remaining meringue and fold in gently til no streaks of whites can be seen
7) Bake at 155deg for 70mins, in a pan of water
8) Leave in oven for 10mins once cake is done to further bake
9) Unmould and cool totally before slicing

No comments: