Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Egg Tarts


Today woke up about an hour earlier so decided to put the egg tarts into plan! Heee! Have been wanting to bake them as craving for them! This CB really got me so much different craves. So expensive to grab some of the cravings and also too troublesome to get hub to travel out just to satisfy my tamjiak-ness. We are minimising from eating outside food for a while too!


The dough was easy to make but I think I may add 10g more of flour. The weather is too hot and kept on want to melt on me! I had a hard time putting them in the cupcake cases. Haha! Decided to make them in the cases so I can take them out easily. The egg filling was easy to make and I added some vanilla to enhance the flavour! 1 thing to note is I think I have enough filling for 2x dough recipe as I added in the balance egg from making the dough since I was using those smaller eggs from NTUC. 

Sieve them twice, didnt want to be lazy. Then pour them in the tart shell almost 90% filled. Gently tuck them into oven for 180deg x20 mins and another 150deg for 10mins til set! Yums!!


Tarts wasnt so pretty as I tried my best to fit them nicely in the cases. Also need to work fast to prevent melting dough. Some got stick on the cases but luckily still can be taken off! 😋


The inside filling is so soft n wobbly like! Oh gosh! The kind of filling I loved!!! My littlest had 1 immediately and said No Sharing! He gave double thumbs up!



Egg Tarts (adapted from dingoozatfood)
60g butter, room temp (i used unsalted)
30g icing sugar
15g beaten eggs
1tsp vanilla essence
100g plain flour

3 pandan leaves, chopped smaller
85g sugar
80g water
2 eggs (i added in bal egg from the dough)
1tsp vanilla
125ml milk

1) Mix icing sugar and butter til paste like
2) Mix in eggs, vanilla and plain flour. Chill before use
3) Put pandan leaves, sugar and water to boil. Cool
4) Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla together
5) Gently mix in cool sugar mixture. Sieve 2-3x
6) Roll dough and cut into 6 portion. Fit them in tart cases well
7) Prick holes with fork and pour in egg filling til 90% full
8) Bake at 180deg for 20mins then reduce to 150deg for 10mins

No comments: