Friday, April 10, 2020

Creamcheese Sponge Cake


Lately exploring spongecake as it has been a norm for the youngest to ask for cake. Try my best to bake 1 as soon as he finished them. Remembering my creamcheese in the fridge, I decided to make use of it. Ordered a huge slab and need to find ways to finish them up before it spoils. 


Didnt take much pics as was rushing thru today with breakfast, lunch and dinner prep among all the chores that need to be done. Managed to squeeze in this bake just before I had my breakfast. Texturewise, its GOOD! Tastewise I think can be improved. I would consider adding some vanilla and lemon juice for some zest. Shall try that soon and update on the result.


Favourite way to keep is store them in airtight box, cut readily in bitesized! Youngest gave thumbs up and keep coming back to ‘queue’ for more! Even big kids too. Bet I need to explore my modifications soon! 

Creamcheese Spongecake (adapted from JeannieTay)
100g creamcheese
100g milk
40g butter
2 yolks
40g sugar (will increase to 50g next round)
80g plain flour

4 whites
30g sugar

**Will add 1tsp of lemon juice and homemade vanilla extract next bake*
1) Double boil butter, creamcheese and milk til smooth
2) Once mixture is cooled, add yolks then flour
3) Beat meringue into stiff soft peaks
4) Add meringue to batter in 3 additions
5) Steam bake 150deg for 80-90mins




No comments: