Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Chewy Choc Chips Cookie




Motivated or rather 'pushed' to bake this cookies for my gal's Teacher's Day gifts for her 2 lovely teachers at play group. So why did I say 'PUSH'? Oh, I seldom make this sinful, sweet and fattening treats at home. Firstly, I can't resist and keep munching away, my gal will keep asking for it, hubby will also unknowingly munch on it. So unhealthy cos of the amount of sugar, butter used for making them.. But then again, once in a blue moon indulge lo. LOL!
I bought 2 glass bottles from Daiso, did a minor deco, did a trial run on this cookies before the actual bakes. Yummy and addictive were they. I think i ate them on the pretext of making sure they are fully cooled down before storing them. Hahah.
Took some picture of them in plastic packaging, and also in the bottles that I intend to give the teachers, trying to see if there is any pocket money to be earned since I will be baking more than enough for the teachers. After filling up the bottles, I realized that either I need to make it even smaller as bottle necks are narrow, or I need to find another bottle for them in less than a weeks time. (gal end school on 30Aug for term break)
Anyway, I came across this recipe when searching through the experts blogs, came across and was itchy enough to want to make them. 
Chewy Choc Chips Cookies (recipe adapted from Peng's Kitchen)
Ingredients
  • 2 eggs
  • 265g brown sugar (i reduced to 170g)
  • 125ml vege oil
  • 1tsp vanilla essence
  • 150g plain flour
  • 110g self raising flour
  • 1/2tsp bicarbonate soda
  • 1 cup walnuts chopped
  • 150g choc melts halved
  • 3/4 cup raisins

Methods
1. beat eggs and sugar for abt 1 minute.
2. stir in oil, essence and sifted dry ingredients until combined.
3. stir in walnuts n choc melts.
4. cover, refridge for an hour. (mixture will be soft)
5. roll rounded tablespoon of mixture into balls, pressed down slightly and placed on greased oven tray.
6. baked at preheated oven 180 degrees for 12 minutes or until lightly brown

No comments: