Thursday, August 30, 2012

M&M cookies that makes me addicted

 

My lovely neighbor baked her own Raya's goodies this year and I am so happy cos I get to savour them. She made me M&M cookies, cornflakes cuppies, kokokrunch cuppies, some chocolate tarts etc. The one that my palate fell in love with was the M&M cookies.
Wanted to do them and give my lovely neighbor a surprise, I asked for the recipe and did it on a sudden impulse one afternoon. And she wrote, sugar powder. Smart aleck me, I took it as icing sugar. So there I go, went ahead with the recipe and I ended up with M&M melt-in the mouth cookies.
It was yummy too. And I gave her some to try. I still like her version as it is the crunchy cookies texture, her hubby commented he prefer this texture. And we were laughing and joking about th cookies. And what is sugar powder? She took caster sugar and blended them.
Haha, mystery solved!! I am going to try again with caster sugar, not blending them to see what chemical reaction gonna take place again.
M&M cookies (recipe from my lovely neighbor)
200g butter
150g caster sugar
1 egg
200g plain flour
150g cornflour
80g optima flour
Choc chips
Mini M&Ms
1. Cream butter, sugar, egg til fluffy
2. Add in flour and mix them well
3. You may add in chocolate chips or M&M at this point if you want to have them inside the cookies or 
3. You can roll the cookie dough in balls and flatten them, topped with the Choc chips and M&M
4. Bake for 20-30mins, 160deg or til cookies are browned
**if you want the melt-in-mouth texture, you can take out when it is browning
**if you want the crunchy feel, you can only take out when it is darker tone of brown

No comments: