Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Famous Jacques Torres’ Chocolate Chip Cookie



Yes, I definetely have a lot of to-bake on my list after my week long holiday. And I dunno how to find time to bake all of them. I have bookmarked a lot of cookie recipes but haven decided which to try first as I always can't make up my mind. A huge fan of cookie and hubby likes to have them with his coffee so I try to make them at least every few weeks? 

So why do I choose this to bake today? I saw someone posted in FB after trying is recipe, which happens to be 1 of my 'KIV' cookie recipe and the way she posted the pic about the end product and also her comments after eating... I simp ly can't just sit on the recipe. 

I went to prepare the dough as it needs to be refrigerated at least overnight or 72hours for better results. But looking at the dough, I couldn't resist and convince myself I need to try with and without refrigerating them. So there it goes, 1st tray of cookie into the oven. The smell is heavenly and I couldn't resist and bring out my dough in the fridge, and in goes Tray #2! I need to stop myself from sending more trays or I would have no more left for tml to bake. Hahaha~ 

So my review:
Without fridging the dough overnight - Crispy, sweetness just nice and taste yummy.
With fridging overnight - Crispy, slightly sweeter but have a distinctive aroma that is so fragrance that the first one doesn't have. Thumbs up!! Definitely a keeper for my family... 

Without the kosher salt for this batch, I substitute with normal sea salt. I will definitely spend the $$ to get kosher salt to bake them again... 


Jacques Torres’ Chocolate Chip Cookie (adapted from Browneyedbaker)
**i convert to grams using the conversion from allrecipe**
256g minus 2Tbsp Cake Flour
226g Bread Flour
11/4tsp Baking Powder
11/2tsp Baking Soda 
11/2tsp Kosher Salt *i use normal sea salt*
283.5g Unsalted Butter
275g Light Brown Sugar
201g plus 2Tbsp Sugar
2 Eggs
2tsp Vanilla Extract 
31/2 Cup Chocolate Chips *I use mini semi-sweet chips though recommended not to cos I couldn't wait any longer

1) Combine flour, salt and baking powder and soda, sift. Cream butter and sugar for about 5mins, til light
2) Add in eggs 1 by 1, followed by vanilla extract
3) Reduce speed of mixer and slowly add in dry ingredients.
4) Fold in chocolate chips (I use big white choc chips and mini semi sweet chips)
5) Refrigerate overnight or 72hours
6) Preheat oven to 190deg, roll balls of 1Tbso and spread the dough. No need flatten.
Bake for 15-20mins til browned.


No comments: